Slips and Falls

Lawyer Nancy Cronin has more than 25 years of experience successfully litigating slip and fall personal injury cases.

What to do if you injure yourself by slipping and falling?

Here is what we recommend you do if you fall and injury yourelf.

Seek Medical Treatment

The number one thing you should do if you have been the victim of a slip, trip, or fall, is seek out medical treatment.  Trivializing a fall can also result in missed fractures that only reappear later.  When getting treatment, it is crucial to inform the health care provider what caused the incident.

Report the Slip & Fall

If you are at a business, you should seek out a manager or owner and make out a written report of the incident.  If there are witnesses, try to get their phone numbers and full names.

Document the scene as much as you can - take photos and videos.

Try to get photos of what caused the slip, trip, or fall.  If you can record a video that is even better.

Save your shoes and clothing

Try to save the shoes you were wearing and any clothing that was affected.

Man in hospital bed with foot in a cast

DO NOT Give A Statement

If the businesses insurance company calls you –  refer them to us (after we take your case)

DO NOT Post on Social Media

Don’t announce the injuries or events

DO NOT Provoke the Business Managers or Owners

Don’t waste your energy on arguments.

Free Case Evaluation

Pay Nothing to Get Recovery


Personal Injury Lawyer Nancy Cronin offers free case evaluations, and there are no upfront costs associated with your personal injury case.

Contact us today to start your road to restitution.

Free Personal Injury Case Evaluation

Boot cast being adjusted

Slip and Fall Injuries

Slipping, tripping, or falling can cause serious injuries.  In New Mexico, the law states that an owner or an occupant must keep the premises safe. 

Further, A city has a duty to use care to maintain its streets and sidewalks in a safe condition. Depending on where the incident occurred may determine the time you have to file a lawsuit. Nancy Cronin has litigated falls at businesses and falls against cities for clients and will be able to provide you assistance and prompt answers to your questions.

We might be able to file a lawsuit on your or your loved one’s behalf. You may be entitled to past medical bills, future medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or income, loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, and other damages depending on your damages.

Are you or a loved one a victim of a slip and fall accident?